Andrea Powers • San Rafael CA 94903 • (415) 595-6349 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Execute full P&L responsibility; developed and administered budget, including marketing, operations, and payroll.
- Maintained daily contact to communicate goals, measure progress, and maximize performance.
- Ensure ongoing and consistent customer satisfaction by providing on-time delivery and follow-up of requested financial reports.
- Served as a year-end liaison between CPA and clients, earning their confidence with reliable follow-through and clear communication.
Summary of Qualifications
- More than five years as a Full Charge Bookkeeper, with more than ten years’ experience as an accounting professional and financial statement provider.
- Proficient in all functions of Accounts payable, Accounts receivable and Payroll using QuickBooks Pro. Efficient at Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experienced in prioritizing effectively to manage multiple clients under tight deadlines.
- Personable and open-minded; able to communicate complex ideas in clear language. Excellent writing and research skills.
- Adept at handling multiple clients demands simultaneously while maintaining composure and a sense of humor.
- Quick learner who can hit the ground running. Energetic and flexible. Thorough and diligent; strong work ethic. Conscientious and honest worker.
- Acquired experience with many small businesses and their accounting functions. Working for property managers, child care providers, convenient stores, psychologists, non-profit organizations, musicians, entertainers, and professionals athletes.
- Prepared Profit & Loss statements, recorded and monitored A/R & A/P, accurate on-time payrolls and 941 Federal & DE88 State payments. Detailed bank reconciliations.
- Produced quarterly and annual payroll tax returns for state and federal agencies, annual W2 and 1099 reporting, monthly sales tax reporting.
- Used QuickBooks Pro, Excel, and a variety of online banking and credit card platforms to perform bookkeeping and payroll functions.
Contract Full Charge Bookkeeper & Payroll Administrator 2009 – Present
AP BOOKS, San RafaelCA
AP BOOKS is a local full charge bookkeeping and payroll administration service for individuals and businesses, performing services in home and small business offices through-out the Bay Area.
- Online Full-Charge Bookkeeping Services: Because of remote access availability this service has become a favorite among business owners. We provide all your accounting needs from anywhere in the world!
- A/R & A/P, Monthly Bank Reconciliations, Online banking and credit card reconciliation, Timely requested managerial reports.
- Bi-Weekly and Monthly Payroll Administration and Payroll Tax Deposits, Quarterly and Annual Payroll Tax Returns, Annual 1099 Reporting, Year-end Liaison with CPA.
Full Charge Bookkeeper & Payroll Administrator 2007 – 2009
JANICE MARTINO, E.A., San Rafael CA
JMEA is a local full charge bookkeeping, payroll, and income tax service for individuals and businesses in the Bay Area.
- Process accounts A/R & A/P for 5 high net-worth individuals. Manage bank and general ledger reconciliations.
- Administer payroll for 15 small businesses. Accurate on-time payroll tax deposits for 941 & DE88. Numerous year-end W2 and 1099 filings.
- Delivered quarterly payroll tax filings for state and federal agencies. Sales tax reporting for various types of businesses.
Parenting & Family Management 2002 – 2007
POWERS FAMILY, Novato CA
Bookkeeper 2000 – 2002
ZIESLER, ZIESLER, RAWSON & JOHNSON LLP, San Rafael CA
ZZR is a local CPA firm specializing in behind-the-scene business management, taxes, accounting services, and financial matters for music industry individuals, entertainers, professional athletes and businesses.
- Full charge processing of high volume A/P; processed 100+ checks per week. Paid all expenses relating to each tour (i.e., insurance coverage, hotel reservations, AMEX accounts).
- Managed receipt of all royalties and revenue. Reconciled 50 bank and brokerage statements. Recorded general ledger entries.
- Accurately delivered payroll, draws and per diems for band members and road crew. Created payroll tax reporting and filing of year-end W2 and 1099’s.
- Handled all aspects of each band member’s personal expenses (i.e., timely mortgage payments, homeowners insurance, health insurance, utilities, auto payments, credit card payments).
Previous relevant experience:
ACCOUNTEMPS, Novato & San Francisco CA
Temporary staffing agency specialized in placing accounting and financial professionals.
Held several different temporary positions in a variety of businesses; to name a few:
- Accounting Clerk ~ Ghilloti Bros. Construction, San Rafael CA
- Wire Confirmations Clerk ~ Wells Fargo Bank, San Francisco CA
- Foreign Exchange Investigator ~ Bank of the West, San Francisco CA
- Data Entry Clerk ~ Restoration Hardware, Corte Madera CA
- Returns Specialist ~ Birkenstocks, Novato CA
Accounts Payable & Receivable Clerk
DREVER PARTNERS, San Francisco CA
Publicly traded real estate investment trust (REIT)
- Set up limited partnerships for various real estate entities. Monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement reporting.
- Full charge processing of all A/R & A/P for 25 properties. Reconcile bank balances; record general ledger entries.
- Manage all petty cash and office supply expense accounts. Established customer credit lines and set up credit accounts with vendors.
WAREHAM PROPERTY GROUP, San Rafael CA
Real estate development and property management
- Responsible for A/P for 25 properties and partnerships.
- Responsible for numerous mortgage payments and select vendors for timely payments.
- Reconcile eight bank accounts and daily bank deposits.
Real Estate Certifications and Training
Kaplan Real Estate Education, On-line Course 2012
Statutory Course Completion Certificate for DRE Approved Courses
Real Estate Principles
Real Estate Practice
Legal Aspects of Real Estates